With the support of readers and viewers like you over the last year — from countless neighborhoods across the region — Wedge LIVE has grown to become the Best Website in the Twin Cities. If you don’t believe me, check out City Pages’ very glossy “Best of the Twin Cities” edition — on newsstands now!
- Named “Best Website” in the Twin Cities for 2018
- 200+ buttons distributed
- Wildly successful “Cats of the Wedge” neighborhood cat tour
- Countless political conventions, planning meetings, and other events livetweeted
- Ramped up video production after replacement of ancient laptop, including:
- A fourplex explainer video that made national headlines
- Original docu-dramas like “Nevertheless I Persisted: A Mother’s Fight: Real Legitimate Families Stand Up Against the Bastard Sons of Norway”
- Touching profiles of difference-makers like “Sharon the YIMBY”
- Broke numerous election season scoops such as:
- “Lisa Goodman puts gum from her mouth into opponent’s hand at Ward 7 forum” which was picked up by a European tabloid.
- “Minneapolis politicians attend protest march comparing bikes to Nazis”
- Made it harder for people to describe what Wedge LIVE is.
- Met a lot of new friends along the way — and isn’t that the most important part?
As we look forward to another year of continued growth and success at Wedge LIVE, I thank you for your continued support. And take one last look at what we’ve done over the last year — your monthly contribution really does make a difference! (hint, hint)
Anchor & Managing Editor